What do I have to keep in mind due to the pandemic?
Due to the current situation, we advise you to book your tickets for a limited time slot online at http://hamburg.museumderillusionen.de/tickets/ in advance.
3G Rule: All visitors over 7 years of age must show a negative Corona test result, a certificate of recovery or proof of vaccination. Without these documents, we cannot grant admission:
- An official test result (e.g. from a test centre) must be presented – self-tests are not sufficient. Negative test results must not be older than 48 hours for PCR tests and 24 hours for rapid tests,
- Full vaccine protection is achieved on the 15th day after all necessary COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered,
- Anyone with evidence of Corona infection confirmed by a PCR test within the past six months is considered “recovered.” The positive PCR test must be at least 28 days and no more than six months old.
- Mask requirement (please bring your own medical mask),
- Attention must be paid to the applicable minimum distance,
- Limited visiting time (1 hour) to minimize risk,
- Signage and precautions to ensure a safe distance is maintained.
How can I purchase a ticket for the museum?
- Due to the current situation, we advise you to book your tickets for a limited time slot in advance online. Online tickets can be purchased here http://hamburg.museumderillusionen.de/tickets/.
Can I book tickets for other people?
- Yes, the person who booked the ticket does not have to be present personally. It is only important that you have your ticket with you either digitally or printed out.
Do I have to print my ticket?
- No, you do not have to print your ticket. A digital version of the ticket on your smartphone is sufficient as well.
I have paid for my online tickets but have not received them. What now?
- Sometimes it can take a few minutes until you receive your ticket by e-mail. Please check your Junk Inbox as well, in case it got stuck there. If you don’t receive it at all, all you need to do is provide us with confirmation of payment and you will be admitted.
Will a delay invalidate my booked ticket?
- You should be on time, but a few minutes late is fine and you will still be admitted. Please keep in mind that your visit still ends with the start of the next timeslot so you will have less time to explore the museum.
Can I cancel my ticket?
- It is not possible to cancel tickets that have already been purchased. However, tickets do not lose their validity – contact us about this at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I booked a ticket but did not use it. What now?
- We do not refund tickets retrospectively. However, tickets do not lose their validity – contact us about this at email@example.com.
Can I reserve a ticket by e-mail?
- No, it is not possible to make a reservation for tickets by e-mail (group requests are the exception). Here http://hamburg.museumderillusionen.de/tickets/ you can book tickets online in advance.
Who gets discounted admission?
- Discounted admission is available to school and university students, apprentices, senior citizens over the age of 65, as well as people with a valid disabled pass and their companions.
Do I get reduced admission with a Hamburg Card or similar?
- No, you will not receive a discount if you have a Hamburg Card or similar.
If I am a student from another state/country, am I still eligible for the student discount?
- Yes! So long as you can prove you are a student.
Where can you find us?
- You can find us at Lilienstraße 14-16, not far from Hamburg’s central station and running parallel to Spitalerstraße. The museum is close to the restaurants Vapiano and Barefood.
What do I have to keep in mind during my visit?
- Our Museum of Illusions has a new and modern concept. We are an interactive museum, which means you are allowed to touch our exhibits and experiment with everything yourself. During your visit, you are allowed to talk normally and you don’t have to be attentive to be quiet.
- Wearing a medical mask is mandatory. Also, please be sure to keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters to other people.
- If you suffer from epilepsy or are prone to dizziness, we advise you not to enter the “Vortex Tunnel” and the “Tilted Room”.
Can my visit to the museum last longer than 1 hour?
- Unfortunately, due to government regulations, we are currently only able to offer limited-time slots. If you need 15-20 minutes more, we always try to make this possible if we are not fully booked.
Where can I park during my visit to the museum?
- The museum does not have its own parking space. However, you can park in the surrounding parking garages and underground parking lots.
Are any exhibits not accessible due to Corona?
- Due to our strict hygiene concept, we are able to make all exhibits available to you. The exhibits are regularly cleaned and disinfected, so you can safely explore everything.
Does the general mask obligation apply in the museum?
- The general mask requirement applies in the museum. We do not make exceptions for this rule, not even with a medical certificate.
Can I come earlier than booked?
- If you arrive 15-20 minutes earlier, you will be allowed to enter early, if possible. However, it is not possible to be admitted several hours before your booked reservation.
Are pets allowed in the museum?
- No, unfortunately, pets are prohibited in the entire exhibition area.
Do you sell food or drinks in the museum?
- No, we do not sell food or drinks and do not allow outside food or drinks in the museum.
Is the museum wheelchair accessible?
- Access to the museum and the museum are barrier-free. However, you may not have access to all of our exhibits if you have reduced mobility.
Do I get reduced admission if I have a disabled pass?
- You may visit our museum at our reduced rate upon presentation of a valid disabled pass. The reduced rate is also valid for an accompanying person.
- If you have mark B or H in your disabled pass, your companion will be admitted for free.
Do you have barrier-free toilets?
- Yes, there are barrier-free toilets in our museum.